Thursday, February 4, 2010

Explanation

Why blog? I don't even know the exact meaning of the word (is it a word?) blog, but am computer savy enough to find out.

A-ha!! According to Wikipedia (that great encyclopedia Britanica of the internet) blog:A blog (a contraction of the term "web log")[1] is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.
Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (Art blog), photographs (photoblog), videos (Video blogging), music (MP3 blog), and audio (podcasting). Microblogging is another type of blogging, featuring very short posts.


So having satisfied myself with this definition I will now begin to "blog".

Hmmm, my reason for blogging begins with a visit to the urgent care in my town of residence. While waiting for two hours to be seen I rifled through the waiting area mags and came across the article "5 minutes to happy: Go from blah to bliss in an instant". By Jennifer Matlack. Okay, 5 minutes to happy. Now mind you, I am not unhappy, not in the least. The fact that I take antidepressants, is irrelevent. They are for depression/anxiety, with emphasis on anxiety rather than depression. But occasionaly, as the article states you are in a lousy mood and want to feel better fast. What you need is a happiness fix--RIGHT NOW. Try some of these tips. Tip number 1: start a blog. “Like journaling, it gives you an outlet for your feelings. But it may be even better for triggering happiness because people can leave you positive comments".

So here I am blogging. For the first time in my life. Simply typing out some random thoughts and trying to relax and let go. Of what you may say? Well different things. For instance, my husband's ex-wife. A piece of work that one. The poster child for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Ah geesh. Where do I begin....well first there are her parenting skills. Are these skills? She and my husband are the parents of a wonderful child, my step-child. Now mind you I wasn't raised to use the term step, nor did I raise my child to use that either. She introduces my husband as her Second Dad, or Dad II. My mom taught us that blood does not necessarily a relative make. So any way, I will always be the "step-mom" combine that with all the negative aspects of the term....

Hence the name of my blog "Vent to Prevent". I am a big proponent of venting. If one does not vent one will explode.....so I "Vent to Prevent" here where (hopefully) no one will be hurt (namely the love of my life, the hubby). No names will be mentioned, save fictious ones in order to protect the innocent or the guilty which ever the case may be.....

On this blog there will be no judgements. Period. It's just a venting tool. Pure, plain, and simple. Just as a release, or to write out some random thoughts (as it appears that I am giving a prime example).

I'll be back later I'm sure for some titillating writing....

I'm still here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment